Kraken Press is open to submissions. Submissions that don’t follow the guidelines will not be read.
1. We accept unsolicited novels, novellas and short story
collections, up to 120.000 words. Collections are generally a really hard sell for us, so query first.
2. We are interested in seeing manuscripts in the genres of horror,
dark fantasy and weird fiction. More importantly, we’re interested in
fresh writing. We’re not likely to publish anything with vampires,
werewolves or zombies. We do not publish sci-fi that doesn't have a horror bend.
3. Submissions should include a short cover letter (contact info,
brief bio), a synopsis of your book and the first 4 or 5 chapters of
your book. Attach one
document with a synopsis and one with the novel.
4. Submissions without attachments or no synopsis attached will not be read.
5. Multiple submissions are okay.
6. Simultaneous submissions are okay.
7. Email us your manuscript as an attachment (DOC or RTF).
8. Current response time: 30 days.
Writers we like:
Caitlin R. Kiernan, Graham
Joyce, Richard Laymon, Joe Lansdale, Thomas Tessier, Gemma Files, Jack Ketchum, Clive
Barker, Jonathan Carroll, John Connolly, Neil Gaiman, John Ajvide Lindquist,
Holly Black, Chuck Palahniuk, Jeffrey Thomas, Catherynne M. Valente, Jonathan Maberry, David Moody, Tom Piccirilli,
Norman Partridge, Jeff Strand, David Wong, Warren Ellis, Joe Hill, Sarah
Langan, Lucius Shepard.
Slush pile editor is George Cotronis.